EMPOWERED PEOPLE, POWERING INDUSTRY
Who We Are
Since 1858, Wajax has been serving major Canadian industries as one of the nation's leading mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial products and services providers. Wajax operates in the mining, oil sands, oil & gas, construction, forestry, industrial/commercial, transportation, and metal processing industries - to name a few. We deliver one of the broadest ranges of industrial products and services in Canada.
At Wajax we want to find critical thinkers, high performers, and team players - and the opportunities we offer are as varied as the markets we serve.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Receives goods into inventory, including unpacking and verifying contents against appropriate documents; ensures received goods are accurately input into the computer tracking system
• Prepares packages to be sent out in accordance with information on the packing slip; picks and packs goods for shipment as per customer and branch orders.
• Maintain Bills of Lading, book and arrange carriers for timely delivery of goods.
• Stock shelves with received shipments, using the appropriate sorting/organization system and equipment, including forklifts
• Files packing slips from suppliers and co-workers; prints service and production documents as required
• Ensures the warehouse is maintained in a clean and organized fashion at all times
• Performs additional duties including local pickup and delivery tasks outside regular warehouse duties as required
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum completion of High School diploma
• 1 - 2 years previous experience in a similar role
• Strong computer skills
• Very detail and results oriented
• Effective communication and able to provide excellent service to internal and external customers
More than just a Competitive Salary
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, and some unique additional "perks." Highlights of our programs include:
• Commencing on you start date you are eligible for medical, dental, vision, DCPP (Pension Plan), RRSP and more
• Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers
• Our unique additional perks program includes exclusive discounts with variety of manufacturers and service providers such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dell, TELUS, a group mortgage, home & auto insurance program and more
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, if contacted for an interview please inform us if accommodation is required.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
We thank you for your interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.